DAILY CARE PROGRAMME
– Always wash and dry your hands thoroughly before handling your contact lenses. If recommended by your optician, you may use a separate daily cleaner.
– Ensure that each lens is rinsed thoroughly with sterile saline solution, in order to remove all traces of the daily cleaner and to avoid excessive foaming.
Disinfecting and Neutralising
1. Place the lenses on the correct lens case domes (L for the left lens and R for the right lens) and close the baskets, taking care to avoid trapping the lenses.
2. Fill the Oxysept 1 Step lens case to the line with Oxysept 1 Step disinfecting solution. Do not under or overfill. Then add the Oxysept 1 Step neutralising tablet.
3. Place the holder containing the lenses into the disinfecting solution and close the contact lens case tightly.
4. When closed, turn the lens case upside down at least three times to ensure that the inside of the case is disinfected. Ensure that the tablet has dropped back into the solution so that neutralising can begin.
5. After a few minutes, air bubbles will form on the surface of the tablet and foaming may occur. The solution will turn soft pink, indicating that a tablet has been placed in the case, and that the tablet has started to dissolve. This pink colour does not mean that neutralisation is complete. A colourless solution shows either that no tablet has been added or that the tablet has not dissolved.
6. For maximum comfort, leave your lenses to soak overnight, if you need faster disinfection and neutralisation then ensure that your lenses soak for a minimum of 6 hours after adding the tablet.
7. Before removing the lenses, turn the lens case upside down to ensure full neutralisation of the lens case.
8. Your lenses are now disinfected and neutralised and are ready to wear. After inserting your lenses, discard the used solution, rinse the whole lens case with sterile saline solution (e.g. LENS PLUS OcuPure solution) and allow it to air dry.
– If left unopened, the lenses can be stored in the lens case for a maximum of seven days.
– If storing your lenses for longer periods of time, please perform the complete care cycle (steps 1-7) every seven days and again before inserting your lenses.
WEEKLY CARE PROGRAMME
– The proteins that occur naturally in your tear film can build up a deposit on your contact lenses during normal wear. These deposits can reduce wearing comfort, vision and the lifespan of your lenses.
– Where required, the weekly use of protein remover tablets provides optimal care for your lenses, please contact your eye care professional for advice.
Cleaning the Oxysept 1 Step lens case
To ensure optimal lens case hygiene, you should clean the lens case weekly as follows:
– Fill the empty Oxysept 1 Step lens case with Oxysept 1 Step solution and close (do not add a neutralising tablet).
– Leave the Oxysept 1 Step lens case upside down on its lid whilst you wear your lenses (avoid contact with surfaces that could be affected by hydrogen peroxide).
You may use the solution remaining in the Oxysept 1 Step lens case to disinfect your lenses. Add a neutralising tablet as usual.
Once opened dispose within: 60 days